Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My Religion Essay on Religious Behaviour and Experience

I was a second year university taking up a bachelor's degree in psychology when we had to perform a religion essay writing task during the third term. The essay on religion was part of our subject on human behavioural studies and religion is an important factor that affects or influences human behaviour. So I researched and studies several topics in religion so I could choose a specific topic for the essay and I studied the themes or ideas in religion that would be the focus of my essay topic.


When I finished reading and studying the materials, I decided to choose the topic of religious behaviourand experience as my religion essay topic and the focus of my topic would be the main categories or fields under the topic of religious behaviourand experience. So I researched and read various reading materials in the library and from the Internet about religious behaviourand experience.

I learned that there are six main categories or fields under religious behaviourand experience – meditation, nonviolence approach, pilgrimage, prayer, places of worship, and religious rituals. I decided to make a summariseddiscussion for each of those categories in my religion essay. I also made sure that I made a thorough research of my topic from the materials I read in the library and from various Internet websites. I made sure that I would only collect and use the data and other materials that are relevant for my topic.

For example, my essay discussed prayer and meditation in this way:
Prayer is the act of communicating with a deity. Praying has always been part of every religion and the primary purposes of praying would include worshiping, asking for guidance and help, confessing sins or mistakes, and expressing the thoughts and emotions of the individual to the deity that he worships.

Meditation is the group or category of practices in which the individuals or practitioners of a certain religion or faith would train or induce their minds into a mode of consciousness that would produce positive benefits. Almost every religion in the world has developed and enhanced its own way of meditation that is beneficial to the practitioner of the particular religion.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Really rich content and very useful information. I got it my solution from here. I highly recommend his/her workings with the useful informative information. Thanks a lot………..quartet boards

Unknown said...

Anyone can win by psychology essay

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2010 Academic Writing Basics. All rights reserved.
Blogger Template by